One of the most basic search engine optimization techniques is the SEO-friendly URLs. These shorter and simpler URLs will help your website’s indexation as well as your clients when navigating through your website. In Arastta, SEO-friendly URLs are enabled by default but you might need to change some of the settings associated with them. This tutorial will explain the possible options and how they affect your website.
The SEO tab under Settings displays the following fields:
- Use SEO URLs: Enable SEO URLs if you want to get pretty URLs and better results with search engines.
- Remove index.php: To remove index.php, Apache mod_rewrite module must be installed in your host/server and you need to rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess .
- Add Suffix to URLs: Append .html suffix to the SEO URLs.
- Add Category to Products URLs: Select whether to prepend the category slugs to product URL.
- Translate URLs: Translate URLs based on the selected language.
- Add language code to URLs: Prepend the language code (en, de) to the SEO URLs.
- Use canonical links: Add canonical link to header for pagination, sorgint etc URLs.
- www Redirection: Select whether to redirect to with or without www prefix.
- non-SEO to SEO URLs Redirection: Select whether to redirect to the SEO URL if the URL is non-SEO.
- Meta Title: A title of the store to describe the store page to search engines.
- Add to other titles: Add the store title into other pages (product, category, manufacturer etc.) title like My Store - My Product.
- Meta Description: A summary of the store to describe the store page to search engines.
- Meta Keywords: Similar to meta tag description, but asks for a single keyword to describe the store.
- Meta Generator: The generator meta tag is generally used to show the company/program that has built the site.
- Meta Google Key: Enter your Google Site Verification Key to verify your site.
- Meta Alexa Key: Enter your Alexa Site Verification Key to verify your site.
Sitemap & Google Analytics
- All items XML map: The XML Sitemap link for all store items (products, categories, manufacturers, informations and other pages). The content is updated automatically whenever you create a new item.
- Products XML map: The XML Sitemap link for products. The content is updated automatically whenever you create a new item.
- Categories XML map: The XML Sitemap link for categories. The content is updated automatically whenever you create a new item.
- Manufacturers XML map: The XML Sitemap link for manufacturers. The content is updated automatically whenever you create a new item.
- Google Analytics Code: Enter the code provided for the store site from the store's Google Analytics account here.