I have added a new site to my default arastta install,
added a new layout (category_w)
added a new top level category (Test group 1) with layout override of category_w
added a new menu item (Test group 1)
renamed "Test group 1" menu item to "menu group 1"
Browsed to my new site with its one menu item of "menu group 1" and clicked the menu item
I get a "Category not found" page with the url "index.php/test-group-1"
Why did I get a category not found page, since I have created a category albeit with spaces rather than the - 's in the url. Url manager has test-group-1 in the list so i guess its set up correctly.
The menu page is also confusing because since I changed the menu "name" there is nothing on the "menus" page that tells me it is linked to the "test group 1" category
MY MAIN PROBLEM though is that the "category not found" page has the menu from the default web site.
Also If i just type rubbish into the address bar the 404 page also has the menu from the default web site.
Do I have to start fixing bugs in order to get arastta to work with multiple sites or am I just too much of a noob to arastta admin ?
I really want to stop coding and just get on with selling.

This all got more complicated when I clicked the + in the category box to add a category menu item -- BUT I had not entered a category in the input box.
Result = category added and the following php errors
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\model\appearance\menu.php on line 110Notice: Undefined offset: 13 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 182Notice: Undefined offset: 13 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 202Notice: Undefined index: store in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 225Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 225Notice: Undefined index: store in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 240Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 240

I'm getting the feeling that is going to take me ages to set up good working web sites with arastta.
Please be honest and let me know now if I am going to run in to loads more bugs / shortcomings with arastta.

Cheers
In General
Sunday, January 15 2017, 03:37 AM
Share this post:
Responses (4)
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, January 15 2017, 02:54 PM - #Permalink
    I then added category test group 2 with parent test group 1
    On the menus page, I entered test group 2 into the category input box and clicked the +. This created a new menu item called test group 2 BUT also

Notice: Undefined index: store in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 225Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 225Notice: Undefined index: store in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 240Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aradev1\admin\controller\appearance\menu.php on line 240
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, January 15 2017, 10:58 PM - #Permalink
    Still fighting with the whole menu/category/product/site logic.
    I set up the phone menu and products so they would work on my new site as well as the default site.
    Problem -- the link worked and the page worked but it had the default site menu on the category page.
    After preparing a big sql query showing that everything on the db is correct a little spark of memory fired off.
    I had a menu/site problem in v1.2.6 which I fixed but you obviously havent yet

************************* BUG FIX BUG FIX BUG FIX ***************************************

These are my notes from v1.2.6

system\library\app\catalog.php was loading the wrong shop id on all pages except home -- I changed to the code below - two lines commented

// Store
    if (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && (($_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on') || ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] == '1'))) {
    // $store_query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "store WHERE REPLACE(`ssl`, 'www.', '') = '" . $this->db->escape('https://' . str_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . rtrim(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '/.\\') . '/') . "'");
    $sql = "SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "store WHERE REPLACE(`ssl`, 'www.', '') = '" . $this->db->escape('https://' . str_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . '/') . "'";
    } else {
    // $store_query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "store WHERE REPLACE(`url`, 'www.', '') = '" . $this->db->escape('http://' . str_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . rtrim(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '/.\\') . '/') . "'");
    $sql = "SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "store WHERE REPLACE(`url`, 'www.', '') = '" . $this->db->escape('http://' . str_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) . '/') . "'";
    }
    $store_query = $this->db->query($sql);

Hopefully this will be incorporated in v 1.5.2
  • Accepted Answer

Sunday, January 15 2017, 11:01 PM - #Permalink
    Please dont mark this as closed when you have modified the code.
    The add menu bug still exists.
    I will see if I can fix that too.
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, January 16 2017, 03:44 AM - #Permalink
    Add menu bug is caused by code not including the 'stores' array index when the menu item is added
    The fix is

Fix is admin\model\appearance\menu.php at line 109
    $menu = array(
    'name' =>$data['menu_desc'][0]['name'],
    'menu_type' =>$data['type'],
    'menu_id' => $menu_id
    );
    needs store array adding to match previous line which auto added store 1 to the db and later code which expects a store array
    $menu = array(
    'name' =>$data['menu_desc'][0]['name'],
    'menu_type' =>$data['type'],
    'menu_id' => $menu_id,
    'store' => [0]
    );

Hopefully someone will read this. Its been a little lonely today.

Three other problems still exist with the menus page.
    1. adding a category menu item displays the category id before the 'columns' label
    2. the columns input box is sometimes missing from the menu expander
    3. There must be two methods of creating menu item expanders because new ones have the action buttons above the 'stores' div, all the others have the buttons below the 'stores' div.
Your Reply