Share this post:
Accepted AnswerThat doesn't do much for me. Like i said, I tested with permission set to 644 or above. I have been running into various 'faults' like that. The menu page has its own quirks as well. So I have been having to work around all of this to get things done. I wish it was not so, because after testing lots of e commerce software, I find arastta quite pleasing and well constructed.
Martin Riedel wrote:
That doesn't do much for me. Like i said, I tested with permission set to 644 or above.
Like you said, where ...?! Don't fall into that path please, else you will get ignored.
Honestly you said not much, and you still don't, so there isn't much anyone can help you with at this stage, unless you add any useful information in a polite manner.
Maybe add your system information, and some more information about settings and your problems. To me it still sounds like bad hosting, or own mistakes.
Thanks for the reply. There is not much more I can say. I included the picture of the error message I get. In my first post I indicated that I had checked my file permissions to make sure I had proper permission to access the file.
I'm not a developer so all I can provide is what the system or error logs show.
Sorry if I'm coming across being unpolite. I have probably spent too many hours checking and setting stores - just a little bit frustrated.
Accepted AnswerYou were right with the system being out of wack. I did a clean install on a new folder and tested the customizer and it is working just fine.
Apparently something went wrong during installation of the first cart.
Now, would it be advisable to import all the work I did to my new installation ? Or should I just start from scratch again (yikes!) ?
Accepted AnswerGlad you found out it's not the core system itself being the problem.
Now I recommend you to try to figure out where it did go wrong, and then revert the changes giving trouble. Starting from scratch is a option of course, but then, if you don't know where it did go wrong, it might go wrong again later ...
Try to make a list for yourself of what changes you did, which extensions you added, and modifications done - if any. Test them out one by one on the working install, and if you find the cause, revert it on the one you have put a lot of work into, so you don't need to redo it all.
Sure you can also export and import your product data (see the docs), but if you restore a full database backup you might end up with problems again.